Friday, August 2, 2013

Cycle 1 Results

Cycle 1 of the clinical trial is over, and the results are in. The tumors are all shrinking!!! I received the CT scan results on Tuesday after my day of screening on Monday.  Of course we are all beyond excited to know these drugs are showing promise, and we are looking forward to more shrinkage and good news after Cycle 2 - which started on 7/29.

Although we received good news, I have been dealing with some side effects that started last week.  Pretty severe nausea and fevers were occurring, and after a check-up at Moffitt I found out I had an infection that the doctors believed were causing these symptoms. Thankfully after some antibiotics, I am doing much better. The biggest issue I'm facing lately is pretty extreme fatigue.  I'm always tired, and am sleeping all the time.

I'm back on short term disability at the moment due to the fatigue and lack of energy.  Hopefully I'll be back to normal again in the near future. For now, just relaxing and enjoying the good news!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment