Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Better Days

I can't believe I haven't updated this blog since November! Time has just seemed to fly by lately, and life's been pretty good.  Things are relatively stable as I was able to go back on the clinical trial after the issues with my eyes.  There was another period, a few weeks ago, where the inflammation in my eyes returned, and I had to take another brief break from my medication.  But, as of right now, my eyes are getting better and I'm back on my the trial.

We have a little scare going on due to the last MRI that was taken of my brain.  The images show a spot on my brain that the doctors are not 100% sure about.  There is a chance it could be the cancer spreading, but my neurosurgeon seems to believe that the chances are its not cancer.  This was a month ago -- I get a follow up MRI next week on April 10th.  This will allow the doctors to make sure the spot either has gone away, or hasn't changed.  I could be something as simple as a blood vessel showing up weird in the scans... so let's hope for that!  Anyways, I was told not to worry about it, so I think I've been doing a pretty good job about not freaking out! Please pray that it turns out to be nothing!

In other news,  my non-medical news, I recently got a new job! I'm really excited to be able to take this new opportunity and advance my career.  Sometimes the worst part of dealing with this cancer is when it prevents me from living my life like I would if I was well.  I'm glad I was able to take a chance and keep my life moving in a direction I can feel proud of.  I'm even hoping to move out on my own again, as long as my health continues to stay stable.

So to wrap things up, the tumors are stable, my brain is under investigation, and my life is moving forward.  I've been in much better spirits these last few months, which has been a nice change from the darker periods I've been through with this disease.  There is a possibility that I may be able to switch clinical trials in the near future depending on how well the doctor thinks this current trial is doing.  Along with the MRI, I have my CT scans, eye appointments, and overall exams on April 10th.  Hopefully I can become better with providing updates, and will be writing again after next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment