Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Waiting Game

Just got back from my appointment today, and overall it was good news. The first thing clarified was that I will not be having the fourth Yervoy infusion (the final of the series). We have been informed that the Yervoy infusions have delayed effects, and even without having the fourth infusion, the drug has been known to shrink tumors weeks and months afterwards.

So, I will be waiting it out, and I am scheduled to have my next set of CT scans done in four weeks. Although I'm not overly thrilled about the wait, I am happy that I'm back to being healthy enough to live a normal life.  And yes, that means I finally will return to work!

Tomorrow will be my first day back at work since the very beginning of April.  I'm excited to get back, as sitting around the house all day gets old pretty fast!  And hey, when I regret ever saying I'm ready to work again, at least there is a three day weekend coming up to make up for it! :)

That's pretty much all the updates for now.  Once I go back in for my next scans, the doctor will determine based on tumor shrinkage or non-shrinkage whether we continue to wait longer for more Yervoy delayed effects or start on a different treatment plan.  I intend to make the most out of having my energy and health back, and will wait patiently until I find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment